Over twenty years of quality FAL gunsmithing and innovation has earned Arizona Response Systems an outstanding industry reputation. You will not just be satisfied, but be truly awed with ARS FAL products and services.
- Kit builds
- Repair to factory specifications
- Refinishing to factory specifications or custom jobs
- Barrel shortening and threading
- Original and US made FAL and L1A1 parts
To ensure customer satisfaction, ARS will only work with IMBEL (Brazil), DGFM-FMAP (Argentine), other licensed FN receivers, DSA , or Coonan. ARS will not work on the low quality products from Hesse/Vulcan Arms, Olympic Arms, Williams Arms Company, Century Arms International, Entreprise Arms (some early ABNI marked exceptions), or DPMS. ARS carries a wide variety of spare and replacement parts for the FAL and L1A1 rifles.
Federal regulations require 7 US parts from a list of 20 major components. The 1994 moratorium on “assault weapon” manufacture has expired. FAL rifles may have flash suppressors, bayonet mounts, grenade launchers, and folding stocks, providing the 7 US parts requirement is still met.
FAL Kit Builds
One flat rate covers most normal processes. On your parts kit, quality receiver, and 7 US parts, I will:
- clean and inspect all parts
- deburr parts for function
- deburr parts for cosmetics (if refinishing)
- renumber bolt, bolt carrier, and lower receiver to match new upper receiver
- shorten barrel if desired (rethread, open gas port)
- recrown and time muzzle device.
- permanently attach muzzle device with ATF approved 1100 F solder if required by your state.
- tighten and lap rear sight as needed
- install & time barrel
- exchange locking shoulder for correct size
- headspace (min +.002″ is standard)
- install customer supplied US parts
- machine para cut, as needed
- machine folding cocking handle cut, as needed
- weld repair BHO foot, as needed
- solder repair loose tang as needed
- solder pistol grip stud (inch pattern) as needed
- remove front SA block and solder holes (Argentine)
- machine rear SA block (Argentine)
- install SA selector stop
- testfire for function
- zero 1″ low at 25 meters for point of aim = point of impact at 200 meters
FAL parts either meet factory specification or they do not. There is generally no “adjusting” or “tuning” of components other than minor honing of the hammer, trigger, and sear engagement surfaces. If they are in specification, they work; if they are not in specification, they are either repaired or replaced.
FAL PHOTO GALLERY